Princeville Ranch offers lots of adventures on the north shore of Kauai and off-roading is just one of them. Located between Princeville Resort and the Kalihiwai River, you won’t have to go far to have a lot of fun. I’ve written two blogs featuring Princeville Ranch’s horseback riding and zip line adventures. Now it is time to tell you about their off-road package which includes riding, hiking and zip lining. The company is owned by Karin Carswell, a local resident I am proud to call my neighbor and friend.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll experience – not recommended for clean freaks!
Princeville Ranch’s website describes this three-part adventure:
“Looking for some excitement, speed, and flying mud? Climb into one of our 4×4 side-by-sides and drive through our historic cattle ranch on the iconic north shore of Kaua’i. Blast through stream crossings, twist and turn through pastures and forests and drive up hills to experience amazing views of the entire north shore.
But that’s just the beginning….hike through a rainforest to a fern-lined valley where two fast and fun zip lines await you! Zip line over our twin waterfall. Once your perm-grin is in full force, we’ll take you there for a refreshing swim and a picnic lunch. Swim under the falls, float on inner tubes or just relax in a hammock.
Pick Hawaiian fruit as you hike back, crossing bridges and streams and learning about the flora and fauna of the island. Hop in your 4×4 for one last blast of excitement to round out your perfect Kaua’i off-road adventure. Our guides will make you feel right at home and are extremely passionate about making your adventure a memory to last a lifetime!
Driving distance is approximately 10 miles. Approximate tour time is 4.5 hours. 5yrs. old and up. Must be 18 yrs. old with valid drivers license to operate vehicle. The Zip lining portion of the tour is optional. All Zippers must weigh between 50 lbs. and 280lbs.”
Duration: 4 hours
- Must be at least 5 years old
- Driver minimum age: 18 years old
- Driver minimum height: 5’4″
- To zipline (optional): Must weigh between 50 and 280 lbs
- Each driver must present a valid drivers license and a credit card that will be kept on fie until the vehicle is returned in acceptable condition. Any damage to the vehicle will be charged to the credit card on file upon return of the tour.
Items to Bring:
- Shoes with a solid toe and sole. No aqua shoes
- Clothes that can get dirty and swimsuit underneath
- Sunscreen, hat, insect repellent, towel
- Drinking water – 32 oz per person
- CPR and First Aid trained guides
- Picnic Lunch
- Photos for purchase
- All terrain shoe rentals for $5
- 24 hours notice for 1-5 guests
- 72 hours notice for 6 or more guests
- Cancellation, changes or no-shows outside these policies will be charged the full amount of the tour.
All tours go out rain or shine. In the event Princeville Ranch determines the conditions to be unsafe, guests will be rescheduled or provided a full refund prior to the tour.
All participants need to be in good physical condition. No pregnant mothers. No recent injuries or surgeries. Moderate hiking is involved.
- Solo Driver
- Driver with Passengers
- Adult Passenger
- Child Passenger (Ages 5-11)
- Passenger with a Guide
To check availability or to book online, go to https://princevilleranch.com/off-road-adventure/
For my other blog topics check out the category menu on the right-hand side of this page.
For my Princeville Ranch Horseriding blog, click here
For my Princeville Ranch Zip-Lining blog, click here
To receive notification of new blogs, subscribe on the right-hand side of this page.
For more of my blogs or to subscribe, go to our Guides page. For more information about our luxury vacation rental, Honu Point, on the north shore of Kauai, go to any other page of this website. We would LOVE you to follow us on Instagram. Mahalo!