Now is your chance to try a Kauai zipline adventure on the pristine private lands of Princeville Ranch! The course is a thrilling combination of nine picturesque zip lines and a suspension bridge spanning a waterfall. When our grandchildren came to visit this was one of the best activities we did with them. I was a bit nervous at first, not being one to like scary rides, but I had the time of my life.
Imagine walking off the edge of a lush valley, flying over tree tops across to the other side, soaking in the gorgeous mountain views along the way. The final zipline—called “King Kong”—is an adventure all on its own! First you walk up a ramp to a 26-foot high tower. Next you zip 1,200 feet, racing your partner side-by-side or maybe holding hands! The tour includes an hour at a fifteen-foot deep, hidden swimming hole, fed by a small waterfall. Here you’ll enjoy a delicious picnic, swimming, jumping and floating on inner tubes. Hiking is rated moderate and is just over one mile.
TOUR FEE INCLUDES:
- Experienced guides
- Delicious picnic: make-your-own deli sandwiches (with veggie option), chips & cookie
- Backpack use
- Full, nine-line zip line course & suspension bridge
THE GUIDES ARE:
- CPR & first aid certified
- Well educated on Hawaii’s history, flora & fauna
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Shorts, mid-thigh or longer, with swimsuit underneath
- Completely closed shoes are required (tennis shoes or hiking boots). No Crocs, aqua shoes or 5-finger toe shoes. Rental shoes available (all-terrain @ $5.00 per pair).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses & hat
- Mosquito repellent & rain poncho
- Drinking water—32 ounces per person
Tours go out rain or shine. In the event they determine weather is hazardous, they may cancel the tour and guests may be rescheduled.
CHECK-IN OFFICE LOCATION
From Honu Point: PRA is located on the left hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Highway. If coming from the Princeville resorts, turn left onto Kuhio Highway, and they are the next left (Kapaka Rd.) off the highway. Turn left at Kapaka Rd. at the yellow and green flags. Church of Pacific is also at this intersection.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES:
- 24-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 5 or less.
- 72-hour notice of cancellation for groups of 6 or more.
- Cancellation/changes or no-shows that fall outside of these policies will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.
Zipline tour departure times vary by season. Total tour time is approximately 4.5 hours. Pricing: $159 per person + tax
Ages 10 & older in good to excellent physical condition. Not afraid of heights. No expectant mothers. No recent injuries or surgeries. Weight between 75 and 280 pounds.
Children age 16 & 17 may tour without an adult. A parent must sign a liability waiver at check-in.
Children age 10-15 must be accompanied on tour by an adult guest who is at least 18 years old.
For more information go to https://princevilleranch.com/zip-n-dip/ or call 808-826-7669.
If I can do it, so can you!!
For more of my blogs, or to subscribe, go to our Guides page. For more information about Honu Point, our luxury vacation rental on the north shore of Kauai, go to any other page of this website. We would LOVE you to follow us on Instagram. Mahalo!